Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Trend Auto in Peoria
Ask The Mechanic
Auto Repair Near Litchfield Park
what our customers say
I love taking my car to Trend Auto they inspect my car whenever I take it in there to make sure everything is running right even if I just need an oil change and filter, Robert is awesome as is Tony and all the technicians. Prices are great a lot cheaper than taking them to the dealership. Well so they are very honest and very easy to deal with. Best place to go when you have a problem with your vehicle.
I want to deeply thank this auto location for taking the time for figuring out my car that I've had a issue with these past couple months the last auto place told me misinformation that caused me to lose $180 for a repair not needed within minutes this location figured out my problem with a simple milewise plug in causing my car to have misfires and hesitating after they unplugged it my car is back to driving like it should and my oil change was done within minutes I absolutely will be coming back for my car needs. T H A N K Y O U !!!!!!!
I came here a few months ago because the belt in my truck shredded. They replaced it, but the Owner noticed I was still under powertrain warranty and went to bat for me with my dealership when they said the issue would not be covered. I had an oil leak in my truck this time and since I was due for an oil change anyway, I went in. Again, owner pointed out that I was still under warranty and if it's a big issue dealer would cover it. They did my oil change and my filter was just loose. They didn't try to oversell me on anything. They got me in and out. I truly feel they actually care about their customers and don't just try to get them to spend the most money they can. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. As a woman, I feel very comfortable going in and know that I will not be taken advantage of. Also, the oil change price was great, better than most places around here. Definitely check them out.